Saturday, August 13, 2011

School Supppppplllliiieeeessssss!!!

Okay, I'm finally catching my breath after a baseball bat took a blow straight at my chest! (maybe it was just the Target cashier telling me my total after my eight year picked out all of her school supplies)..... Couldn't I just buy her an iPad?..... She could use it again next year...I promise it won't be obsolete ...yet. Then, really the only things on the list would be a scissor, headset and Kleenex-win win in my book. (and I'm pretty sure I could write off the iPad)


So after getting home and grabbing the trusty Sharpie marker, branding all of her items, and stuffing them in three back packs we are officially ready for school to start. Well, let's not forget about gym shoes, school shoes, fashion boots, snow boots, and the item on every 8-year olds wish list, "Bella Ballerina Sketchers"....this is my tip for parents of little girls, have the discussion/intervention about these shoes....after first telling my daughter that she would have to pay for half the shoes (by NOT using her savings and instead using the next five weeks worth of allowance), she started to waiver..concerned dance class would start before she would get them I explained that they are school shoes, NOT dance class shoes, she quickly replied...."oh, then I don't want them"( not sure all girls will be this big of a push over but hey, it's worth a try right?).... If anything else, I saved one trip to the emergency room this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment