Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bringing Cheerleading to My Family....or is it the other way around...

With all four years of my high school "career" spent cheering on the boys basketball team, I can't help but think of ways to bring spirit to my everyday life.  Granted, I am not-I repeat NOT, one of those "over-the-top" obsessed mom's trying to live vicariously through my children (ie. dance, pageants, or all parents who are remorseful over not "making it big" and pushing their young children into living and breathing some activity because "mommy knows best")..but I digress, I'm sure those mom's look at me and think that I am failing as a parent because I am not focusing my children enough on the "prize".  Either path you choose as a parent, know this; It's your family and your entitled to raise your kids how you see fit.

Now back to spirit. 

Thanks to a crafty neighbor I have, I started making fun barrettes and headbands for my little smoochies.   These inspired me to start surfing around the internet and I came across a "weaved headband" idea.  Since headbands seem to be all the rage...taking second only to the new "feather extensions" accenting everyone's hair from age 3 to 103 it seems, I thought "hmmmm what if I make these in our school's colors".  So after searching every craft store in the Fargo-Moorhead area, I finally found the right fabric and began weaving.  My eight year old fell in love can't wait for school to start so she can show off her new "spirit-band"...let me know if you want one!
Isn't she cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment